- Coaches Pre Season Videos
- COVID-19 Procedures for Return to Athletics
- Start Dates
- All Forms
- Athletic Placement Process
- Athletic Advisory Council
- Concussion Management Program
- College Planning for the Student Athlete
- Employment Information
- Contact Us
Fall Sports Season I
Varsity and JV level: Boys and Girls Soccer, Field Hockey (TBD), Cross Country, Girls Tennis
Practice requirement before first contest- Minimum of 10 for all Fall sports
Seven consecutive day rule waived starting on October 12th
Modified sports are presently on pause
No interscholastic activities may be hosted or operated prior to September 29, 2020.
Girls Swimming & Diving and Athletic Placement Process - presently on pause
Winter Sports Season
Varsity and JV level: Indoor Track, Basketball, Wrestling, Cheer, Ice Hockey, Boys Swimming, and Ski
Freshman Basketball on pause
State Championships as scheduled (Subject to change)
Fall Sports Season II
High risk Fall sports (Competitive Cheer, Football, Volleyball) postponed until March 1, 2021.
Six practices for all sports, except for Football which will require 10 practices.
Seven consecutive day rule waived for the entire Fall Sports Season II.
No Regional / State championships.
Spring Sports Season
Varsity and JV level: Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Boys Tennis, Track & Field, and Golf
Fall Sports Season II athletes may carry over three practices for all sports, except for baseball which may carry over four practices.
State Championships schedule (to be determined).
CLICK HERE for the Varsity and JV participation form.
CLICK HERE for the B Transportation Form- This is to allow a "designated adult" other than yourself to transport your child
CLICK HERE for the Screening Form if you are an official, out of district coach, team photographer, media personnel, yearbook employee
The Athletic Placement Process (APP) is a program that permits exceptional 7th and 8th grade students to try out for a JV or Varsity sport, while still in Middle School.
In Byram Hills School District, 8th graders who pass the program can tryout for any HS Sport, while 7th graders may only tryout for non-contact sports. In addition, a middle school athlete may not take the roster spot of a HS athlete, with the exception of the Varsity Level.
The APP packet from NY State detailing the entire program can be found at the bottom of this page. In order to apply, parental signature is required to initiate, located on pg 19 of the packet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the deadlines for applications?
- Fall Sports: 1st Monday in May
- Winter Sports: 1st Monday in October
- Spring Sports: 1st Monday in February
- Who do we submit the APP packet to?
- The middle school Assistant Athletic Directors, Mr. Repa and Mr. Christian.
- Does APP require medical approval based on physical maturity?
- Yes. Once applications are in, each season we bring in the District Medical Director to evaluate the athletes to make sure it is safe for them to participate in HS Athletics.
- What are the Fitness Test Requirements?
- They are different based on age, and sometimes sport, and are located at the end of the APP packet found below.
- How many attempts at passing the Fitness Test does my child get?
- Byram Hills will provide 3 dates per season. An athlete can use all 3 attempts to pass. However if you miss a scheduled date for any reason, you lose that opportunity.
- My child is entering 9th grade in the Fall, do I need to apply for APP for the Fall season?
- No. APP is only for current middle school students who wish to play "up" at the JV or Varsity Level.
- My child is entering 7th grade and they are an exceptional athlete, can they apply for the APP?
- Depends. If you child wants to play a non-contact sport (x-country, track, swimming, tennis golf etc.), then yes. If they want to play a contact sport (football, soccer, basketball, cheerleading etc.) then no.
- My child is entering 7th grade and cannot attempt the APP because they play a contact sport. Is there any other way to play for the school?
- Yes. Most middle school students participate in Modified Sports, which is our 7th and 8th grade athletic program.
- Are all Modified Sports open to 7th grade?
- No. Usually they are, but in circumstances where there is an overwhelming sign-up of 8th graders, we would be unable to open a sport up to the 7th grade.
Any additional questions should be directed to the middle school Assistant Athletic Directors, Mr. Repa or Mr. Christian.
The Athletic Advisory Council meets approximately five times per school year from 8:30 A.M. to 9:15 A.M. between October and June of each year. The focus of the council is to gather input from both internal and external sources to enhance the athletic program as a whole. Material is presented to the council, discussed, and then implemented if appropriate and deemed beneficial for the student-athletes in our program. The membership of this council is comprised of parents representing a multitude of sports, student-athletes, teachers, coaches, administrators, and board members.
The following dates are when meetings will be held:
Dates for the 2020-21 school year have not been decided yet.
Students interested must have the forms below completed by a specified date that has not been released yet.
Want to play college sports? Click the links below to find out more information. First step should be signing up.
If you have any questions, or need assistance with any part of the college athletic search, you can contact Rob Castagna, Director of Athletics, Kristina Wilson, Chair of Guidance or you child's coach.
Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics
Phone: (914)273-9200 ext.4982
Secretary to the Athletic Director
Assistant Athletic Director
Phone: (914)273-9200 ext.4987
Certified Athletic Trainer
Jennie Croke - BHHS Health and Physical Education Coordinator 9-12
Jared Christian H.C. Crittenden Health and Physical Education Coordinator 6-8, Winter Assistant to the Athletic Director- Modified Sports
Ted Repa Fall and Spring Assistant to the Athletic Director- Modified Sports
To contact a coach, please click the season in the navigation bar above. Then click the team you would like to contact.