Effective July 1, 2018
Elementary Principal (Grades 3-5)
The position of the Wampus Principal requires a leader with extensive teaching experience at the elementary level and a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a leader at the elementary level. We seek a successful candidate for Principal who exhibits the following criteria:
- Demonstrates leadership for a curricular and instructional program that both challenges and supports all students to maximize their learning potential.
- Demonstrates an understanding of upper elementary education in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and instruction technology as well as shows understanding of the developmental needs of upper elementary children.
- Displays extensive knowledge of the NYS Learning Standards, the NYS assessments, and other forms of assessments.
- Leads the use of data analysis to improve student learning.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to lead and support ongoing professional learning, high quality instructional practices, and a positive and caring school culture.
- Invites meaningful parent and community involvement and collaboration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of special education services to support the learning needs of students with disabilities.
- Works collaboratively with a dedicated and knowledgeable administrative team.
- Displays energy, enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and a high degree of visibility in the building.
On-line application: www.olasjobs.org/lhv