LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - Effective July 1, 2018
ELEMENTARY ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Grades 3 - 5)
The position of the Wampus Assistant Principal requires a leader with teaching experience at the elementary level and a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a leader at the elementary level. We seek a successful candidate for Assistant Principal who exhibits the following criteria:
- Demonstrates an understanding of upper elementary education in the content areas and in the developmental needs of upper elementary children.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to lead and support ongoing professional learning, high quality instructional practices, and a positive and caring school culture.
- Invites meaningful parent and community involvement and collaboration to carry out the District’s mission.
- Utilizes the Code of Conduct as a means of promoting student growth and learning, and is knowledgeable of the Dignity for All Students Act.
- Demonstrates a commitment to student safety and building security.
- Leads the use of data analysis to improve student learning.
- Works collaboratively with a dedicated and knowledgeable administrative team and displays the habits of lifelong learning.
- Displays energy, enthusiasm, strong communication and organizational skills, and a high degree of visibility in the building.
- Must hold NYS SBL or SDL certification.
Interested candidates must apply on OLAS by 5/18/18. (posted 5/3/18)
Assistant Principal - Byram Hills High School
Byram Hills School District located in Armonk, NY, offers rigorous standards for students and seeks educators with a passion for learning, commitment to students, and dedication to working collaboratively with parents and staff. Byram Hills High School, with an enrollment of 800 students in grades 9 through 12, is seeking an educational leader who strives to fulfill the mission of the district.
Successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, parents, community members and other stakeholders in support of carrying out the district's mission
- Display the habits of life-long learning
- Commit to continuos develpment as an instructional leader
- Demonstrate a commitment to student safety and building security
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of all personnel, both teaching and non-teaching
- Assist in the administration of a comprehensive program of extracurricular activities
- Enforce the Code of Conduct as a means of promoting student growth and learning
- Knowledgeable of the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) and the requirments of the investigatory process
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Foster personal growth through participation in seminars, conferences, professional organizations, staff development activivies and institutions of higher learning
- Must hold valid New York State SBL or SAS certification
Salary is regionally competitive.
Must apply on OLAS by 6/13/18
On-line application: www.olasjobs.org/lhv