Assistant Principal - The Coman Hill School - Effective July 1, 2019
The position of the Coman Hill Assistant Principal requires a leader with teaching experience at the elementary level and a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a leader at the elementary level. We seek a successful candidate for Assistant Principal who exhibits the following criteria:
- demonstrates an understanding of K-2 elementary education in the content areas and in the development needs of K-2 elementary children.
- works collaboratively with faculty to lead and support ongoing professional learning, high quality instructional practices, and a positive and caring school culture.
- invites meaningful parent and community involvement and collaboration to carry out the District's mission.
- utilizes the Code of Conduct as a means of promoting student growth and learning, and is knowledgeable of the Dignity for All Students Act.
- demonstrates a commitment to student safety and building security.
- demonstrates a strong knowledge of daily scheduling and master scheduling.
- uses data analysis to improve systems, structures, and student learning.
- works collaboratively with a dedicated and knowledgeable administrative team and displays the habits of lifelong learning.
- displays energy, enthusiasm, strong communication and organizational skills, and a high degree of visibility in the building.
Assistant Principal - Byram Hills High School - Effective July 1, 2019
Byram Hills School District offers rigorous standards for students and seeks educators with a passion for learning, commitment to students, and dedication to working collaboratively with parents and staff. Byram Hills High School, with an enrollment of 800 students in grades 9 through 12, is seeking an educational leader who strives to fulfill the mission of the district.
Successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, parents, commmunity members and other stakeholders in support of carrying out the district's mission
- Display the habits of lifelong learning
- Commit to continuous development as an instructional leader
- Demonstrate a commitment to student safety and building security
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of all personnel, both teaching and non-teaching
- Enforce the Code of Conduct as means of promoting student growth and learning
- Knowledgeable of the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) and the requirements of the investigatory process
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Foster personal growth through participation in seminars, conferences, professional organizations, staff development activities and partnerships with institutions of higher learning
- Must hold valid New York State SBL or SAS certification
- Salary is regionally competitive.
Online Applications Required at www.olasjobs.org/lhv
Jen Lamia, Ed.D, Superintendent of Schools