Math - High School - 2019-20 School Year
Full-time probationary, tenure-track position. Strong preference for teaching experience at the secondary level with ability teach all levels of math, including higher levels (PreCalculus). Interested candidates need to apply on OLAS no later than 3/08/19.
Building Technology Coordinator (Grades 9-12) - 2019-20 School Year
This position of the Building Technology Coordinator requires an educator with extensive teaching experience at the high school level and a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a teacher and teacher leader. We seek a successful candidate for Building Technology Coordinator who exhibits the following criteria:
- Models exemplary student-centered and problem-based learning environments in the classroom. (This position includes 60% teaching responsibility. Appropriate NYS certification required.)
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of various technology and STEAM curriculum including, robotics, coding, various programming languages, electronics, 3D modeling, GAFE, various Chromebook apps. etc.
- Collaborates with colleagues on technology integration and interdisciplinary curriculum development.
- Demonstrates leadership as a facilitator of professional learning communities.
- Designs and facilitates professional development courses for faculty and staff.
- Willingness to lead summer workshops in the District's Cyber Camp.
- Displays enthusiasm, creativity, strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn new technologies, STEAM tools, and instructional methods.
- Collaborates with building and District leaders to develop and continually improve the technology and STEAM curriculum.
- Coordinate building technology support services and projects. (posted 1.17.19) Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to: Gina Cunningham, Assistant to the Superintendent for Human Resources at Gcunningham@byramhills.org.
Music - Wampus Elementary School
Leave replacement for orchestra and general music teacher, effective immediately. Assignment anticipated through 3/31/19. Interested candidates should apply on the On-Line Application System for educators by 1/31/19. (posted 1.17.19)
Leave replacement for High School, anticipated April - June.
Candidates should have:
- Experience teaching high school English
- Familiarity with Common Core Standards and the Regents English Language Arts Examination
- Understanding of differentiated instruction
- Experience using 21st century technology in the classroom
- Experience teaching/coaching debate.
Interested candidates should apply on the On-Line Application System for educators by 1/31/19. (posted 1.15.19)
Applicants should apply on www.olasjobs.org
For Teaching positions, please apply using the On-Line Application System for Educators. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify our Human Resources Office.