Part-time Chairperson to the Committee for Preschool Special Education
Chairperson to the Committee for Preschool Special Education to oversee the management of CPSE meetings including meetings with parents, educators, and visits to preschool settings for observation of students with disabilities at the preschool age. Anticipated work schedule is two to three days per week, but may fluctuate depending on need throughout the school year. Certification as a special education teacher, school psychologist or school social worker is preferred. Apply on OLAS by 4/27/18. (posted 4.17.18)
Director of Debate - Byram Hills High School
Seeking a dedicated, experienced, qualified debate director. The debate team at the high school participates in local, regional, and national debate tournaments throughout the year. The team participates in Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, and Policy debate competitions. The director is responsible for scheduling tournaments, chaperoning students during the events, organizing transportation and hotel accommodations, planning practices, and collaborating with the two assistant coaches. The director would also be responsible for organizing the annual Byram Hills Debate tournament which takes place the first weekend of each September. Applicants should submit cover letter and resume on OLAS by 6.27.18. (posted 6.7.18)
Teaching Opportunities 2018-19
School Counselor - H. C. Crittenden Middle School
Full-time probationary appointment, must hold valid New York State Certification as a school counselor.
- School Counseling experience preferred.
- Capacity to support the mission of the middle school and school district.
- Familiarity with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model and how it can be used to support students, parents, faculty, school and district leaders, and the community.
- Excellent skills in academic advisement, career development, communication, data-driven analysis and decision-making, evidence-based theories and best practices, and student advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment based on collaboration, collegiality, interpersonal relationships, leadership, partnering, and relational management.
- Capability to deliver curriculum-based guidance lessons and conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
Interested Candidates must apply on OLAS by June 25, 2018.
Mathematics - Byram Hills High School
Leave replacement for the start of the 2018-19 school year, teaching Geometry and Algebra 2. This is anticipated to be a 2-month assignment. Interested candidates must by NYS certified in Mathematics 7-12. Apply on OLAS by July 11, 2018. (posted 6.20.18)
Applicants should apply on www.olasjobs.org
For Teaching positions, please apply using the On-Line Application System for Educators. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify our Human Resources Office.