2023-24 School Year
Elementary - Grade 4 - Leave Replacement
Effective 4/01/24. Literacy Specialization preferred. Must be certified. Interested candidates need to apply on OLAS by 02/02/24.
2024-25 School Year
Literacy Specialist - Grades K-2
The position of Literacy Specialist (K-2) requires an educator with extensive teaching experience at the elementary level and a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a teacher and content expert. The Literacy Specialist will provide high-quality, data-driven reading instruction to students using a multi-sensory, research-based approach to individuals and small groups of students who are reading below grade level in both a pull-out and push-in model. NYS Literacy Certification is required.
We seek a successful candidate for Literacy Specialist who:
- Exhibits knowledge of state and national standards in English language arts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of elementary ELA curricula and the use of a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) to meet the learning needs of all students.
- Uses exemplary research-based interventions in a student-centered learning environment.
- Utilizes data to understand students' needs and to inform instruction and interventions.
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and parents to support students in meeting grade-level standards.
- Is familiar with various research-based interventions and programs, such as the Wilson Reading System, Just Words, Fundations, and Orton-Gillingham (Training in these programs preferred).
- Displays strong communication skills, enthusiasm, creativity, problem-solving skills, and a commitment to continuous learning.
Interested candidates need to apply on OLAS by 2/25/24. (posted 2.8.24)
Applicants should apply on www.olasjobs.org
For Teaching positions, please apply using the On-Line Application System for Educators. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify our Human Resources Office.
BYRAM HILLS CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
10 TRIPP LANE, ARMONK, NY 10504 (914) 273-4082