Part-time Chairperson to the Committee for Preschool Special Education
Chairperson to the Committee for Preschool Special Education to oversee the management of CPSE meetings including meetings with parents, educators, and visits to preschool settings for observation of students with disabilities at the preschool age. Anticipated work schedule is two to three days per week, but may fluctuate depending on need throughout the school year. Certification as a special education teacher, school psychologist or school social worker is preferred. Apply on OLAS by 4/27/18. (posted 4.17.18)
Teaching Opportunities 2018-19
Physical Education Teacher - The Coman Hill School (Gr. K-2)
Full-time probationary appointment, must hold NYS Physical Education certificate. Interested candidates should apply on the On-Line Application System no later than 2/23/18.
Physics - High School
- Full-time probationary teacher position that will begin in August 2018.
- Must hold a current NYS certification in Secondary Physics 7-12
- Have a strong background in physics, the physical sciences and the new New York State Science Learning Standards.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement inquiry-based curriculum that helps student develop metacognitive reasoning skills to draw conclusions about the natural world.
- Have leadership skills and the desire to collaborate with colleagues.
- Enjoy the challenges of awakening young minds to new ways of looking at the world.
- Be prepared to advance all students towards realizing the deep connections within different disciplines of math, science, technology, engineering and fine arts.
- Lead students towards making connections between science and related careers.
- Is comfortable using technology in innovative ways to enhance the learning experience of our students.
- Dual certification in science, math or special education is preferred.
- Non-NYS Physics Certified professionals need not apply.
Interested candidates should apply on the On-Line Application System no later than 3/15/18.
Applicants should apply on www.olasjobs.org
For Teaching positions, please apply using the On-Line Application System for Educators. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify our Human Resources Office.